Thursday, April 26, 2007

Foo Fighters Dave Grohl on Live Earth

The Foo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl speaking exclusively to Xfm has talked about his excitement about playing the UK leg of the Live Earth Global Climate Change Awareness concert at Wembley Stadium on July 7.

“I’m really excited about it. I’ve never been to Wembley Stadium, I’ve been to the arena a couple of times, but never the big one, and I hear that this is the new one, so I’m kinda looking forward to it, and I’m usually the first person at the party and the last one to leave, so I reckon it’ll be fun.”
“I got a call from our management, and they said that there was a Live Earth event, and it was happening in a few [seven] cities all over the world and we were invited to play, so before we knew of any of the cities or any of the bands playing, we said ‘Of course! We’d love to do it!'
"It’s something that we’re all very interested in, and then when we found out where we were playing, we were even more excited. So yeah, it’s a twofer. Twice as exciting.”


The Live Earth Wembley Concert line up also includes the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Bloc Party, Beastie Boys, Madonna and James Blunt as well as re-forming film legends Spinal Tap ( as reported in our last post).

“There’s some people on the bill that probably wouldn’t be seen in the same room as us, but hey man, I’ll party with anybody.”

Listen to the full exclusive interview with Xfm Plus here

No comments: